Authentically good coffee, from crop to cup.
Authentically good coffee comes from a series of choices that begins with the farmers
and the land, and reaches all the way to your favorite mug.
These are our choices.
Organic, Premium Coffee
- We choose 100%, USDA-certified, organic beans. From crop to cup, our propagation, transportation, storage and processing is organically certified.
- We choose to obsess about roasting with care, precision and a solid dose of artistry. Extracting ultimate flavor and complexity is one way we show respect for the farmer, the plant and you.
- We choose to invest in premium beans and an ethical, healthy production process. Our coffee costs a little more because we refuse to short change our farmers or our quality.
Fair & Ethical
- We choose Fair Trade. Through our 23-member co-op, Coop Coffees, we build relationships and negotiate directly with our farmers. This allows our producers to secure the best price, without middle men or manufactured market pressure.
- We choose to give a percentage of our profits back to our farmers so they can re-invest in their own businesses and communities.
- We choose to pay living wages and ensure a healthy work/life balance for our team.
- We choose to support our community. We choose integrity, transparency and care.
- We choose to foster relationships and exceptional customer service. Our partnerships are more than transactional. We're invested in your success and well-being.
- We choose to have a good time and to be easy to work with. We take coffee seriously, not ourselves.
It’s About You
Customer service is the bedrock of our values. We roast coffee for you: our customers and our clients. For our partners in coffee shops, restaurants, cafés and grocery, we will pull out all the stops to ensure Desert Sun is the easiest, most reliable and most responsive vendor you have. Luckily, we’ve been doing this long enough to build customized systems that keep that streamlined and effective. Learn more about our wholesale coffee supply service.